Friday, September 19, 2008

The whiner is back!

Hey remember when I said I’d whine again? Here it is! Oh and for those of you who somehow find comfort in my life being not wonderful good for you! I’m glad at least someone is benefiting from my whining- oh wait I mean venting!

Okay so yet again my life is totally not my own. Really I have absolutely no control over anything including my own sleep. It’s so great! (I hope you’re picking up on the heavy sarcasm) To give you just an idea of how I feel . . . imagine going white water rafting. If you fall out of the raft you are supposed to point your feet downstream and swim at an angle to the shore. I feel like I have fallen out of the raft in really big rapids with nothing but a life vest on. Oh and did I mention that there isn’t a shore line only really high cliffs running down both sides? I’m keeping my head above water for the most part, but I have no control over what happens next. Oh and I seem to be hitting a few large boulders sitting in the crazy river that is my life. Yes, I had a little time to think as I drove back from Sacramento and the kids, thankfully, were sleeping. So that gave me time to come up with this whole river analogy in between bouts of crying.

The housing we had hoped to be able to get in Sacramento didn’t work out. It stinks but apparently we are supposed to be somewhere else. I know things happen for a reason- If I didn’t know that well I’d probably have been institutionalized by now. I’m more frustrated than anything that we had a plan, a good plan that would result in having my family together again, and it didn’t work out. We’re still going to have to move sometime in the next month-ish. We’re probably going to have to move into an apartment that is half the size of our condo. I just want to be with Chad again, is that really so hard to have happen? I’m just frustrated in general. Can you tell? Boo hoo poor me!

So in the words of Pocahontas “just around the river bend” . . . okay not really but once I started thinking about rivers that stupid song popped into my head. So on the drive home: I cried, thought about my life in general, and I sang Disney songs out loud as my way to cope with the stress. Does that mean I’m going crazy?

Oh and to clarify we can rent one of the apartments that Chad's company built. It just isn't something I want to do long term. So we're not in a really tight spot YET!

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Brooke there will be a light at the end of the tunnel! I know exactly how you feel...minus the part where you aren't with your husband. But we were just there with all of the uncertainties & stress. We had 2 weeks to find a place to live & couldn't find a thing that would work. It was just a couple of days before we moved & this apartment fell into our hands. It's been the greatest blessing. I know that Heavenly Father is aware of us & he will take care of you. You will look back when this crazy time is all over & will see how Heavenly Father was guiding & blessing you through this whole process. Good luck with everything & remember that it's okay to cry a river.

The Drinkwater Family said...

I am sorry that it didn't work out for you guys!!! I hope and know that you'll find something that will work out for your family!!! I don't know if you've heard of craigslist.org, but you can search for just about anything, including housing and rentals. A lot of people from that area post on there, so it's worth a shot to check it out. Good Luck!!!

Geoff, Becky and Macie said...

Brookie-
I love your sarcasm!!! Even if you are complaining- I am still laughing- mostly at the fact that you were singing disney songs!!!
Also- I am sad for you- but it will get better! Just continue to trust in the Lord and things will fall into place!!!

Tawna said...

Marva,
I understand how frustrating it is when you are set for something, and it is taken away. It's all for a reason and it will be nice when we can look back on our lives and see how it all connected, even with those frustrating times. You are a strong, amazing person and I will keep you in my prayers. Like you said to me, I love you and am thinking about you!!

The Merrell Family said...

Brooke- You are awesome!! The Lord must have some pretty sweet plans to put you all through this. You guys need to hurry up and figure out what it is. J/K Until then, I'll continue to keep you all in my prayers. I know it will work out but that doesn't make it any easier. I think you guys deserve a really nice vacation! Love you

Christensen Family said...

I'm sorry Brooke. I hate it when I have something planned and then that doesn't work out. It is so frustrating. You guys will find something and it will be just right. You are amazing! Just keep singing those Disney songs!! :) You have such a cute family by the way.

Taneil said...

Brooke, I'm sorry that this didn't work out! How disappointing! Let me know if you need anything--even just a break. Seriously!