Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Starving Students

Guess what!?! Chad's in Reno again for the week. He's there to get some tools and possibly a truck from PacWest. But I’m going to cross my fingers on that one until it’s actually in the driveway. We finally got on unemployment so here in a week we'll have a nice little debit card from the state of NV.

Now we just need to sell the Forester get on food stamps and possibly Medicaid and we may just make it. If we can get on glorious welfare for a bit, then the world will be slightly less stressful. Let us be honest, it’s not like I’m not going to pay it all back in taxes once we’re gainfully employed again.

Now I just have to get over the feeling that we’ve taken 2 GIANT steps backwards. Financially we’re a little better off than when we were in college because we actually have some savings. But I can’t help but feel like a starving college student again, except now I have 2 children instead of just one! Chad’s even thinking about taking the GMAT and trying to get into Grad school for his MBA. So maybe we really will be starving college students again!

But we're settling in a bit. Its still sort of weird living in Grandpa M's basement. Because it's Grandpa's basement. But I'm so grateful that we don't have to worry about rent right now. Its a huge blessing to us and I know we're helping him out as well. Its been nice to be able to just walk upstairs and talk with him. Hearing Grandpa's stories has always been one of my favorite things and now I get to do it often. But after being away for so long it nice to be close to my family again. We even got to go just hang out at my parents house for a few hours and then come home.

So we're trying to make the best of everything. Because yet again the only thing I really have control over is my attitude. But we're doing fine and both Chad and I know that everything is going to work out for the best. Thank goodness for knowing that Heavenly Father has a plan for us!

3 comments:

Lucky Mommy said...

You have such an amazing attitude. I am glad Trey had a fun birthday and I'm sorry Chad is in Reno, again! What is it with that place? Just kidding. I hope you enjoy Conference with your family. I was so sorry I didn't get to say goodbye. I felt really lame and I miss you! Keep posting and keep up that amazingly mature attitude. -Kristina

The Bryger Family said...

I am glad that you and your family are settled again. Hopefully things keep going up for your family. I bet Grandpa is loving having someone that close.

Kasey

Banta Family said...

Keep up the good attitude. There are reasons for everything, and I've decided that for the situations that the Lord lets us get ourselves in, he will work miracles in our lives and allow great things to come from them as long as we are doing what is right, so either way, you guys are in a win-win situation. God Bless. I am looking forward to seeing you this coming weekend; Milly and I are coming up to Preston Friday and Saturday. I finally have a reliable car to get away and be an adult again.