Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Nothing says Merry Christmas better than a tetanus shot

I am an idiot.
No, really. I. am. a. big. idiot.
 In fact I would even say I am a moron. If you don't like stories about someone (me) injuring themselves, then I suggest you stop reading now. This post it full of self injuring.  Lots of moronic self infliction of wounds. No, really.

For part of the boys' Christmas I'm sewing them some reversable capes with Batman and Superman. Last night at about 9:30, I was apparently tired and should have stopped sewing.

I'm cruising along when there was a string in the way. Most normal people would take their foot of the sewing pedal. Since I am in fact a moron, I didn't. Suddenly the needle broke and I thought, "huh that sucks." Then I couldn't see the needle anywhere. That's when I realized  that it's sticking out of my left pointer finger. It wasn't just stuck it was bent like a fish hook through my finger.

Chad doesn't do well with blood, at all! He didn't want to take it out because it was going to hurt like a banshee. So I manned up and grabbed the tweezers from him. That is when I discovered it was already broken. So it came out easily enough. Thats when we realized there was a little chip still in there. So upon Dr. Dad's suggestion I get to leave it in there like a war veteran with shrapnel. I also had to sleep with my finger elevated. On top of that, I don't remember the last time I got a tetanus shot. Yeah that stunk. My arm is so stinking sore.
So I am an idiot. Somehow I managed to sew right over my finger.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh barf! You're a hardcore sewer, Brooke Banta. Hard.Core.

amy said...

Seriously? Sounds like something i would do except the part of pulling the needle out i am more like your husband when it comes to stuff like that.

michelle said...

Oh dear -- I'm so sorry, but hey...I want to see how those capes turned out :)