Thursday, September 2, 2010

I need this like I need a staple to the head

On Wednesday Nights Chad has a class from 7-10. So I put the boys down around 7:30. I was literally shutting the door and saying goodnight when Mooch made some demand for juice or swimming or something. I don't really even remember. Whatever it was I said, "No." and he decided to throw his head back and flop on the bed in protest. There was only one slight problem he hit his head right on the edge of his headboard. 

I went in to soothe him and touched the back of his head to see if there was a bump. There wasn't a bump but there was a lot of blood. I got him into the bathroom to get a look at what we were up against. He had a 1 1-1/2 inch split on the back of his head. Not something a bandaid is going to hold together anytime soon.
So I'm holding a rag to his head and can't find my insurance card. That's when I have to get Cowboy to hold the rag so I can print off a copy of our insurance card.  Cowboy held it together pretty good.  Mooch was just confused on what the red stuff everywhere was.

Luckily I knew where the hospital was and got us there. Mooch was a champ though. Cowboy was tired and curled up in a chair in the waiting room. Mooch however was dancing and running around like his usual self. If it weren't for the blood all over his shirt and the back of his head no one whould have thought he was the patient in the ER.

He didn't cry AT ALL during the whole thing. I was ready to cry but he only winced a little while they were numbing up his head. But he is now the proud owner of 5 staples in the back of his head.  He's one tough kid!

We were there for 2 hours which wasn't too bad but stunk because we didn't get home until a little before 10. I told Cowboy that we'd just sleep in and go to school late. Nope they were both up at 7. So I'm sure Cowboy is going to be a zombie at school today.

So far Texas is awesome! Hope you're picking up on the heavy sarcasm!

2 comments:

beth said...

I'm so sorry! I do the same thing. I always say no at night. Whatever they want, I just want to go have a break! Hope things get better.

The Bryger Family said...

You always have the best stories... Sorry to hear you have had such a rough start. But hopefully it can only get better.

kasey