Saturday, December 13, 2008

Poor Mooch


Today is a sad little day and having this happen just added so much more to my growing pile of stress. Poor, poor, Mooch. Cowboy pushed him while I was out of the room. He was crying a bit more than usual for having just fallen over. I calmed him down after 3 or so minutes and got him to fall asleep. I chalked the excessive (for Mooch) crying to being tired.

Well he woke up 2 hours later from his nap happy as a clam. I put him down on the floor and he was trying to crawl and his right arm kept buckling underneath him. Then he figured out it didn’t hurt if he didn’t use it. After a consultation with Dr. Grandpa over the phone and an effort to fix what we thought was nursemaid’s elbow we finally went to Urgent care. Mooch was a little whiny but wasn’t crying at all through all of this.

We got to Urgent care where they checked him out and did x-rays. When lo and behold he had a buckle fracture in his radius. So he has a little plaster splint until I can get an appointment to get a real cast on. Now, he and his aunt Carlee, who broke her wrist right before Thanksgiving, can have matching casts.

Mooch is being such a trooper and really hasn’t been fussy at all. We’ll see how things go when he figures out he’s going to be uncomfortable for awhile. I really wish it was my arm instead.

4 comments:

The Merrell Family said...

Poor guy. I hope it heals quickly. How long will he have a cast on and does it have to stay dry. That's a challenge in and of itself. Good luck with all that's going on in your apt. these days.

Julie said...

That is no fun. Poor guy. That would be awful to have to deal with. I don't look forward to that day. But at least kids heal fast.

Jackie said...

Poor boy! But look at what a good and patient boy he is! I hope that your stress can be relieved soon.

Russ, Emily, Parker and Hannah said...

Poor little guy! Hopefully he doesn't have to wear it for very long. Let us know if you need any help packing or moving.