Monday, December 1, 2008

No really its true!

So guess what? With the exception of the blog, I don't have to decorate for Christmas! Woo hoo! Festive I am not and the fact that I really have a good excuse to not decorate this year is sweet! Why am I not festive? Well I really can't answer that question. But the good excuse I have is that we’re moving. No really, we are moving. I’m not just saying we’re moving because we might be moving. I’m not saying we’re moving because I really want to live with my spouse again and am having delusions of grandeur. We are actually moving. We are physically packing our things and moving them from Reno to Sacramento. That is unless Chad miraculously gets another job somewhere else in the next 3 weeks.

We got our little 30 days notice in the mail saying we have to be out of the condo by January 1 - Just ask me how much I love the fact that we pretty much have to move the week before Christmas if we want any help from anyone. We’re moving to another condo with the exact same floor plan just in California. So that might be a little weird for a bit and we’ll see how the kids adjust. But in all honesty what better Christmas present can I get than finally living with Chad again.

So I’m packing, cleaning, and finishing up things for the next three weeks and then we’re out of here! Lets be honest it’s not exactly a huge shocker that we’re moving. I’ve only had like the last 9 months to adjust to the idea that we could move to California.

So if we don’t update a lot its because I’m trying to do something productive like scrub the toilets with a toothbrush, patch the walls up, think about packing my children in a box until this is over, oil the cabinets and stuff like that!

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Yay! Good luck scrubbing the toilets with that toothbrush!

The Merrell Family said...

Yeah!!! Merry Christmas to you!! That's so exciting. Good luck packing and cleaning.

Dave and Mel said...

Congrats!!! There is nothing better than having a husband and a home in a 1 mile radius.

Amy and David said...

Brooke, I am glad you sent me an invite! Your blog is cute! I am not a yam fun but those were so delicious. I was very lucky! I am glad that you are moving closer to your hubby. Carly was telling me that it has been hard.

Banta Family said...

I'm so happy for you! I wish I could just up and move to Korea and be with Tyler! It's not fun living with out your spouse! Take Care and Good Luck moving!

The Mortons said...

Yeah, it sounds like good news. Merry Christmas and Good Luck with the move!!!