Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The wonders of dehydration

 Now that the morning sickness is starting to go away, sort of.  I thought I was feeling okay.  Then I started randomly geting really shaky and a little dizzy.  I chalked it up to low blood sugar or low iron. 

As I was asking the Dr. about it Monday the nurse was taking my blood pressure.  Yeah so my heart rate was 120 just from sitting there.  Ummm not good!  Needless to say they did a cardiogram. Fortunately nothing was abnormal.  Apparently, I'm really dehydrated and have officially been told I need to walk 2-3 miles a day. 

I can proudly say I drank well over 64 ounces yesterday and walked to my mom's and back which is .04 miles short of 2 miles while pushing Jack in the stroller.   Yes, I can tell you're all so proud. 

Ugh you'd think I'd have this pregnancy thing figured out by now!
Oh and when we listened to the baby's heartbeat at the appointment we could hear a lot of scratching sounds with the heartbeat.  Those scratching sounds were from the baby moving around.  So either we hit "active time" for he/she or this child will be exactly like their brothers.  Woo hoo?

We find out July 8th what we're having.

5 comments:

Amy Girl said...

I'm hoping for a girl, but you already know that! Take care mama.

Tiffiny said...

So, I'm going to have to join you on your walks! I had the heart rate problem with Jacks, and this time a few times. What's the deal?? AND Cute blog background by the way!

The Bryger Family said...

Good times with pregnancy... nicely done with the walk, keep up the goo work :).

Kasey

Lawther family said...

each pregnancy brings its own goodie basket of trials huh? Keep up the good work with the walks.
Hopefully you just have an active little girl huh?

Banta Family said...

Oh Wow! That little girl is really giving you heck, huh? Just Kidding! Hey, your blog is adorable by the way, and we can't wait to see you guys over the 4th of July!