Monday, November 1, 2010

The Raccoon

Friday afternoon we were getting ready for the trunk or treat and I was getting dinner together.  I happened to look out the kitchen window and see this...


Raccoon's are nocturnal and this was at 4:30 in the afternoon.  That's when I noticed it was twitching and rolling around in one spot.  I immediately thought, "holy crap that thing's got rabies."  We made sure to keep the boys inside.  Cowboy sat and watched it for 5 minutes before I shut all the blinds and tried to pretend it was not out there. 

I'm not sure if it was sick or hurt.  They've been demolishing the house next door to us for the past week.  So I don't know if it got hurt from that or was sick.  Either way, it was clearly at death's door.  Since I didn't want to have to deal with a dead raccoon let alone the live one.  I called animal control.  They sent someone out and no more raccoon problem. 

Cowboy has been praying for the raccoon daily to get feeling better.  I'm pretty sure that wherever it is dead animals go, it's defintely feeling better now.

1 comments:

The Henrie's said...

Too bad I don't live closer. I would have saved you the call to animal control & taken care of it myself. I'm quite the professional raccoon hunter. I love reading your blog by the way!
Miss you guys,
Becky