Thursday, July 14, 2011

At the Zoo pt 2

I felt bad that Cowboy didn't get to go to the zoo in Ft. Worth with us last time.  So I planned on going again sometime before we left.  Chad decided he could miss out on a few hours of studying to hang out with us before we go. 

We had a blast and took our time walking through the zoo.  Going to the zoo with Chad was great.  Not only was it awesome to just spend time with him, but Chad was like a little boy as we walked around.  By that I mean he was in awe of some of the animals.  Chad grew up in Western Wyoming, just south of Jackson hole.  There's this place called Yellowstone close by as well. But you know they don't have elephants there.    Apparently, Chad hasn't had the opportunity to see quite a few animals.   It was great watching him get excited about the elephants and zebras.  Then we ran across this guy. 

Mooch had little to no faith that the glass would actually keep a gorilla from eating him.
One of my favorite past times is watching Chad be a Dad. I just love to take a step back and see our boys play with their Dad and just see how much they love each other. I loved that Chad could be there and see the joy on our boys' faces as they ran from exhibit to exhibit.


Taking a break and getting a snack

I've discovered slowly over time that Mooch doesn't really like pictures.
Cowboy obviously does.  This picture is just proof. 

You can pay a buck for a stick with bird seeds.
It's pretty cool as long as you haven't ever watched Hitchcock's "The Bird's".
Unfortunately, I have.

Checking out the penguins.

wingspans

bigger wingspan

I took this right before we left only because Cowboy insisted he wanted a picture on the rock.
After I took the picture he said, "Mom, wasn't that so cute."
And it was and he is.

2 comments:

Ruchi said...

Hey its great to see Chad take some time out. I've seen him work so hard all year. Have a good trip with the boys! Bon Voyage! :-)

Danielle said...

that is so hilarious. all of it! and i have an adorable picture of a couple of your boys i need to get to ya.

oh, and the birds? *shudder*