Sunday, October 23, 2011

Up ALL Night and I wanted to be

On Friday afternoon I got a phone call from a girl that Chad works with.  She played volleyball at U of U for four years.  She and Chad had talked about volleyball and he had mentioned I liked to play and coach.
Her co-ed team needed a third girl to play in an all night tournament in Layton.  I told her I would love to.

It was great and our team got 2nd place.  So I walked away with a T-shirt and a brand new set of bruises.  No really this is what my arms looked like a day later. There's even one at the base of my hand. The picture isn't amazing but I literally have bruises on both arms from getting hit by volleyballs.  Thats what happens when you dig hits from men who hit very very very hard.   


I had a blast playing until 2:30 in the morning.  It would have been a lot more fun if I was even remotely in shape.  Seriously, I had the reflexes of a sloth.  But then again who has quick reflexes at 2 in the morning?  I doubt they will ask me to play again unless they're desperate. 

Also I've been asked to come and help coach a club team here in Roy.  I'm just helping hit balls in practice but it would be nice to be able to keep up with some 14 year old girls!

SO.....now that Little T is sleeping better I no longer have the excuses to not exercise.  I would love to lose 10-15 pounds and be able to play volleyball like a used to.  I would love to look like I haven't had 3 kids.  Wish me luck!

0 comments: