Sunday, October 23, 2011

Gone Fishin'

This is a few months old but I just now found the pictures on the camera. 

There is a Trout Farm in North Ogden.   I have quite a few memories of going there when I was younger.  Unfortunately for my children, Chad and I both hate fish.  I hate the smell of it, the texture of it, and the taste of it.  Occasionally I can choke down a tuna sandwich.  You get the point.  The only way my kids will get to go fishing is if someone else will be eating the fish. 

While my sister's and all their kids were here in August, My Dad took us all out to the trout farm.  The kids each got a turn or two to catch a fish.  The best way to catch a fish is to drop fish food in with the hook and hope one of them is dumb enough to bite.  Yep, it's chumming. 

Cowboy loved it and wanted to do it again and again.  Mooch on the other hand held the pole for 2 minutes and lost interest.  He wanted to walk around and look at the different ponds and fish. 

Sorry I left the date thing on the camera.  I know it takes away from the rustic masculinity of fishing.

the proud fisherman

watching fish

0 comments: