Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bakery Rock

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I tend to associate music to memories.

So this morning while driving Chad to work at the crack of dawn-- dawn wasn't even remotely ready to crack at 4:30 this morning-- I was scanning through the radio stations.  I came across a familiar song and started singing along to it.  That's when I realized it was the good old classic rock station.

Before the year 2002, I wasn't a big fan.  Don't get me wrong, I love Queen as much as the next person.  But I wasn't exactly willing to listen to a classic rock radio station if I had a choice otherwise. 

Once upon a time, I really didn't have a choice otherwise.  I worked in the BYU-Idaho food services Bakery for three semesters and started--you guessed it-- at the crack of dawn.  Two of the full time bakers , Sean and Randy, started baking bread at 1 or 2 in the morning.  So when I got to work for my 3 hour shift they were already listening to the classic rock station and had been doing so for 5 hours.  Occasionally we'd mutiny and try to take over the radio.  But that would usually only last a song or two before Randy switched it back. It was so annoying at the time.

It's funny how now when I hear those songs I like them.  I don't know if I was slowly brainwashed or if I just developed a liking for classic rock.  Either way every time I hear these songs it puts a smile on my face and makes me think of one awesome job I had during school.  Mmmmm the bakery.....

2 comments:

amy said...

I miss the bakery so much. the bookstore is fun but in a more mature way. We did have great times huh.

Amy Girl said...

That's why it's called "Classic Rock"! Silly, silly girl.