Wednesday, February 10, 2010

four point eight nine

How to help your 4.89 year old to be opinionated and annoying:  

1. Help them to develop the right attitude.  They must understand that the best way to correct someone is to say phrases like, "Umm helllllooooo," or "Actually," with an attitude that implies the person they are speaking to is an absolute idiot or their mother.  He's also developed a lovely eye roll when he doesn't want to listen to me.  What the heck!?! He's only 4!

2. Teach them that the only reason they have to do chores is so that they can play computer games. We're developing a sense of entitlment at an early age.

3. They must learn early on that crying is the only way to respond when faced with something they do not like. Although they know that crying does not get them what they want-unless it’s a swift trip to timeout- they must always always cry.

Oh I've got more.  I love the kid but he's seriously driving me nuts right now! We're working on all of it.  But seriously is this normal?   I don't know where he's getting his material for the attitude.  But I'm going to blame Sponge Bob.  He and a few other cartoons have been officially banned from our home now.  Ahh so fun actually having to deal with a child with his own opinions!

1 comments:

Geoff, Becky and Macie said...

Oh Brookie,

It is so good to hear that my child is not the only one driving their mom crazy!! Why do they have to learn these things?!!
Good luck and let me know if you find anything that works!