Monday, February 1, 2010

Church Ball

So I've been playing me some Church Ball.  Don't ask me why I'm writing like that.  It just seemed appropriate when speaking about Church Basketball.  But the church ball is taking me back 10 years and not in a good way. 

I pretty much stink at basketball. Everyone expects that I can play because I'm tall and because my older brother, Trent, was a basketball phenom.  No really, after playing a game I had a teacher come up and ask "Isn't Trent your brother?" I think he was just checking to make sure that the reason I sucked at basketball was because I wasn't from the right family.  Ha!  Somehow I was a starter my freshmen and sophomore years.  I still don't understand that one. 

Anyways...

With Church ball, yet again I'm tall and expected to play with a certain level of basketball skills.  I can sort-of jump and I can catch a pass, but can I shoot the ball?  Not really.  Saturday, I shot one over the backboard and it was awesome!

I did totally stuff an old lady. And yes, I am proud of that.

2 comments:

Lucky Mommy said...

That still sounds fun though. I've taken to the couch between our own version of a sinus/ sore throat thingy and being 7 months pregnant. The knock knock jokes are hilarious too! We're still in the poop joke phase. So charming.

Tawna said...

See you at 7 PM tomorrow!